Monday, June 18, 2012

Why Pizza?

As the opening post of this blog, I feel it necessary to warn you that I may post frequently about pizza.  Because I love it.  And so does my husband.  We eat it at least once a week - at least.

I have recently perfected a pizza dough crust that we both love.  It is flat and crispy.  It doesn't take very long to make.  It crunches when you eat it.  It's lovely.  And I found it here:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pizza-dough-iii/detail.aspx

If you choose to embark on this pizza-dough-makingness I suggest you do the following:

  • use only 1 tsp of sugar (the first time I made it with both and it was far too sweet)  
  • use only 3/4 cup water  
  • add a couple shakes of garlic powder, oregano, and basil


The end.

Making homemade pizza isn't even very expensive.  But buying a large pizza from Little Caesar's is still cheaper.  Plus they have $1 crazy bread for students (in Provo).  So when my husband and I go back to school, we will probably return to Little Caesar's buying.  $5 for dinner and breakfast for two?  Yeehaw.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Will you have a "follow" button at some time on here so I get reminders when you post? Would love to catch up with you and your family sometime when they're in town. Give your mom my love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to this blogging thing, so I forgot about following. I added it now, though :) I will pass your love along to my Mom!

    ReplyDelete